"It is hard to add to much to what Wes already said in his article Variable Speed = Health, Savings and Comfort, but what I will tell you is that the Health part of it is HUGE! Your furnace can go months without turning on, even if you have a fancy filter it is still doing nothing during that time. I cringe when I see a nice filtration system on a standard furnace. Here are some of the highlights on what a variable speed blower will do for you.
- Lower your system noise level and drafts.
- Cleans the air in your home
- Utilizes latent heat in your house to save on fuel costs
- Constant fan operation actually is better for the fan that start and stop operation
- Increases the efficiency of your equipment
- Evens out the temperature differences in different parts of your home
If you need to know more just give Wes a holler. His number is in the top right corner." -Bob T.